Monday, March 23, 2009

John Galliano Spring Summer 2009






Even though Paris Fashion Week is over and the fashion shows are now taking place in Toronto as we speak I had to do one last post ft. the amazing John Galliano before I move on to Toronto Fashion Week.

So John Galliano's women's Spring Summer 2009 line was every little girls fantasy come true. It's like these models jumped straight out of fairy tales and landed on the runway. I love the soft whimsical fabrics and silhouettes he used to reinforce the soft, loveable feminine side of the clothing. Now what I really loved the most was how he also added a touch of strength and power with his acessories, all the large "fairy tale" hats that were so tenderly placed on the heads the models were all very masculine hats. The English palace guards hat and the early 1800's two point hat made huge added a sense of high rank and power to these women even though the clothes were very feminine.

I also have to mention the black trench coat with all the wide belts in the front, I think this refreshing version of the classic trench is current, unique and would make any girl feel beautiful and comfortable.

The next best thing about this line was that if you edit the accessories these clothes are very wearable!

1 comment:

  1. ha ha, you forgot about the hats! Awesomeness!

    Well, you've inspired me to finally get my blog started.... feel proud my friend! You've now influenced something historical.

    One gold star for Lisa! yeah!

    ReplyDelete